Module "Data exchange"
Data imports and exports are possible in different file formats. Only administrators can directly import data in the system. Every user can export his current view as PDF, XML, Microsoft Excel, XML or CSV (text).
VisionR has its own object relational mapping (ORM) mechanism. This means that for data storage an retrieval a relational database (RDBMS) is used. The native format of VisionR is XML. Any XML import is automatically translated into SQL statements. Users and administrators in VisionR do not have to know SQL. Data import can be described in a scheduled task or executed manually by a system administrator. Import formats can be CSV (Comma Separated Values), XML or even SQL. The advantage of using XML files for the import is that any transformation over XSL (eXtensible Stylesheet Language) can be made before the actual import. Furthermore whole data structures (parent - children relations) can be described in XML, while SQL and text formats describe only "flat" structures of "tables" and "columns". Data exports are made in XML, which can then be translated in other file formats (PDF, Microsoft Excel, CSV, SQL or another XML formats). There is a VisionR Stylesheet Language, which similar to XSL translates the raw VisionR XML export into other file formats.
- data import and export as XML
- import / export transformations
- import as CSV (Comma Separated Values) or XML
- import from SQL (possible but not recommended)
- export as VisionR XML
- export as PDF, Microsoft Excel, CSV, SQL or another XML formats
- VisionR Stylesheet Language (VSL) for transforming XML into other file formats
- imports and exports can be triggered by scheduled tasks or manually