This module allows definitions of system tasks, which are periodically executed on the server. Automatic e-mail reports or data exchange with other databases are defined in this module.
The module "Scheduler" is part of every VisionR installation. It is used to create scheduled tasks. A scheduled task is run automatically by the VisionR Server process at a predefined time (e.g. every hour, daily, every Monday, once in a month etc.). Running a task trigger the execution of a VisionR Script. This script can contain a description of different system interactions: sending an e-mail, synchronizing person data with other databases, checking of contract expiration etc.
Using the scheduler functions in VisionR makes interface programming for data exchange with other databases extremely easy.
- management of scheduled tasks
- automatic execution of task scripts
- execution at predefined times (e.g. every hour, daily, every Monday, once in a month etc.)
- used for data exchange with other databases
- task scripts in the VisionR Script language
- data exchange with other databases over SQL
- data exchange over XML
- data exchange over CSV
- conditional e-mail notifications